Thoughts, Media links & Videos
- ‘ Bound Feet Blues – a life told in sho
- Boarding School Syndrome . Further study released with more attention paid to females.
- Online porn. Is this causing desensitisation? Is this a problem in relationships with others? Erections? Long term sexual partners?
- No sex please – we’re dissociative? PODS
- Why does bisexuality need celebrating?
- Vulval Pain Webinar – Monday 17th November for Live Session
- Intimacy Workshops (with no nakedness!)
Tag Archives: Clare Staunton
Joy Schaverien updates the original thinking from Nick Duffell and has more chapters linked to girls’ boarding schools. This can have huge impacts on how people ‘do’ relationships – how they behave and engage with sex and intimacy specifically. http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jun/08/boarding-school-syndrome-joy-schaverien-review
I was asked to contribute to PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors) magazine recently. They are an incredible organisation who provide excellent professional training. I’d usually pop my content up here – but their resources contribute to their charity and … Continue reading
Originally posted on biUK:
23rd September every year is worldwide ‘celebrate bisexuality day‘. Why, you might ask, does bisexuality require a day for people to take notice of it? In this post I will attempt to provide some answers to…
This is a free webinar. You just need to register. Then you can log in from 645 and the webinar starts at 7pm. http://www.vulvalpainsociety.org/vps/index.php/vps-webinars2/forthcoming-vps-webinars-2/140-the-partner-perspective-vps-webinar-with-clare-staunton-psychosexual-and-relationship-counsellor-3
‘Avoiding the emotional tsunami right behind you’ – keeping busy to avoid it. One of the long term effects mentioned after sexual abuse was experienced at boarding school. An incredibly brave film.http://http://chosen.org.uk/film/
Is this a possibility for you? Whether this is your aim of sexual contact or not, the Medical Information Service is keen to hear your anonymous thoughts on the subject . It only take a couple of minutes – the … Continue reading