Whatever stage you are at in your relationship things may not be as you want them to be.
You may be single and not able to get into or maintain a relationship. You may be trying to figure out if your current relationship is giving you what you want and if you should leave. You may be part of a relationship and want to figure out why things have changed between you over the years – whether you are recently together, or you’re at your ruby anniversary. I help you look at common pressure points in your relationship and why you both may respond in the way you do, to help you have deeper understanding of yourself, and your partner, aswell as coach you to communicate in a different way going forward.
Please be aware that if this is part of marriage counselling, I will not provide court reports as part of a mediation process.
Common Presenting Symptoms or Issues in Relationship Therapy
For many people the following may not mean anything bad for you or your relationship, but if you are struggling then I may be able to help facilitate some space to communicate, or provide a different perspective on things, or why it might be going on.
- Sexual Focus – things may just not be as you’d both like them to be
- Your own relationship history and repeating patterns causing difficulties in the present day. Do you do things that stop you being in the relationship you really want?
- Difficulty getting into or maintaining relationships – friendships or more.
- Struggling to take responsibility for your side of ‘stuff’ in a relationship
- Curiosity about you relationship with yourself – who am I , who do I take into relationships?
- Negotiating Monogamy / Polyamory – with consent and respest at the heart of it
- Relationships post kids – this stage can be tough. Very tough
- Recent or chronic medical diagnosis. Perhaps changing roles and dynamics or the impact of this on bodies and lives together.
- Life stage changes – lost a job, death of a close person, where life gets in the way of a relationship
- Just not getting on as well as we did and want it to be different